This Privacy Statement explains in general terms how Opening Gates Pty Ltd (Opening Gates) collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information under the Australian Privacy Principles.
What is Personal Information?
The types of personal information that we collect about you will depend on our relationship with you, the circumstances of collection and the type of products or services you request from us. The personal information may include:
- Your name, gender, date of birth, contact details, business or employer name and location;
- Your dietary requirements and health issues which you provide to us in connection with your use of our products or services; and
- Payment details (such as credit / debit card number and expiry date) provide by you to us in connection with the purchase of products or services.
We recognise that personal information is sensitive and that the provision of such information is an act of trust.
How We Collect Personal Information?
We may collect personal information from you when you use our services or purchase our goods, register to receive our newsletters or other communications, enter one of our competitions, visit our website, complete our surveys or otherwise interact with us. As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third party. These third parties may include:
- Our service provides such as venues where we provide our goods and services,
- Third parties that run competitions and other promotions; and
- Third parties that provide us with marketing leads.
This personal information will enable us to liaise with you to provide you with the information that you desire and updates when requested. If we do not collect and make use of this personal information, our ability to assist you is greatly limited.
If you wish to purchase products and/or services from us we will require you to voluntarily provide us with other personal information such as your full name, address, postcode, contact telephone numbers and credit card details. No matter how your personal information is collected, it will be dealt with by Opening Gates in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Where possible, personal information is collected directly from you by your use of our website. In situations where you personally provide us with your personal information will shall imply your consent to our collection on the basis that we have informed you herein what personal information will be recorded and for what purposes.
How Do We Use Your Personal Information?
We use the personal information collected from you to:
- provide you with information or services;
- take purchase orders from you;
- dispatch products and/or services to you;
- register your contact details;
- provide and operate our competitions, promotions and events;
- distribute our newsletters and other communications either ourselves or with the assistance of third party services providers;
- conduct marketing activities for our products and services, or products and services of third parties, and to conduct market and other research to improve our products, services and marketing activities;and
- establish and maintain our relationship with you.
We do not disclose any personal information for any other purposes without your consent unless required by law.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Opening Gates may disclose your personal information in certain circumstances.
We may also disclose your personal information to our suppliers and third parties that perform other services for us in connection with the sale and provision of all our goods and services, including third parties who:
- provide customer service;
- operate some corporate functions;
- conduct market research and analysis;
- provide marketing services;
- provide information technology services such as data storage, distribution services, booking systems, communication networks, software and system development, maintenance and support, and information processing, analysis and reporting; and
- provide services in the course of investigating a complaint.
We may also disclose your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, including to various law enforcement agencies, regulatory authorities and governments.
Your information may also be shared between companies within Opening Gates and its subsidiaries.
If you are an employee of one of our corporate or business clients and are using our products and services purchased by your employer, we may also disclose any information associated with the purchased product or services to your employer.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. We use reports provided by Google Analytics to help us understand website traffic and webpage usage.
How We Hold Information and Keep it Secure
We hold your personal information in a combination of hard copy and electronic files. We use third party information system providers who may store or have access to your personal information.
We may combine personal information we receive about you whit other information we hold about you. This includes information received from our partners or third parties.
Privacy Statement Changes
Opening Gates constantly reviews all its policies and procedures to keep up-to-date with changes in the law, technology and market practice. As a result we may change this Privacy Statement from time to time. This Privacy Statement was last amended 17 November 2014. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be updated on openinggates.com.
Ensuring Your Personal Information is Up-To-Date
We rely on personal information we hold about you to efficiently conduct our business of providing you with the products and/or services purchased by you. Therefore, it is important that the personal information collected is accurate, complete and up-to-date. If you think we have incorrectly recorded your personal information please contact us so we can correct that information.
All requests for access to personal information will be handled as quickly as possible and we shall endeavor to process any request within a reasonable time.
Opening Gates may be required by law to retain personal information for a period of time after you have ceased your relationship with us.
Opening Gates is not always required to provide access to personal information upon request. If we fused to provide you with access to, or correct, the information, we will notify you of our reasons for the refusal to the extent required and how you may complain about the refusal.
Concerns or Requests for Access?
If you have a question about this Privacy Statement, wish to lodge a request to access information, or lodge a complaint, you can contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org